Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hokitika State of Mind

Since I am on a picture posting spree (check out some of the old posts that are now labeled as "pictures"--and more are coming soon), I thought I'd add some more pictures from our weekend at the Wild Foods Festival. There's not much to say about Hokitika, except that it's georgeous. It's the only place I've ever been--and can even think of--where one can stand on the beach, turn around, and see snow capped mountains. The following pictures were all taken from the same spot--I'm just facing a different direction each time (they go south, west, north, east).









Here are some shots of our campsite (I slept in the orange tent) and the river we were overlooking. I still can't believe that's where we spent two nights. In the morning on Saturday, I got up early to take a shower but had to wait in line for about an hour and a half. Under normal circumstances, I would have been highly annoyed by the situation, but every time I started to get frustrated, I just looked out at the mountains and instantly calmed down. It's really hard to be mad about anything when you're standing in the middle of pristine beauty.







And then there were the sunsets...











We finished off Saturday night with some campfire and sparklers on the beach. Again, it's hard to be upset about anything when you're in the middle of something like that.





No comments: