Saturday, April 28, 2007

Holiday from a Holiday

Honestly, I felt a little silly telling people I was "on holiday" in Rarotonga. True, I was taking a break, but it's hard to justify that it's really a holiday when all I've been doing for the past two months is traveling around. But traveling in New Zealand, while fantastic, has been exhausting. Rarotonga was a true holiday, where the most stressful part was trying to determine which cafe had the best fruit smoothie (the answer: the Blue Note Cafe in Avarua).

Check out how clear this water is.



And more importantly, how blue it is.









Obviously, it was a much needed respite. But the question remains on whether the holiday provided enough refreshment and fuel to help me take on my last two weeks(!) in New Zealand, the inevitable reverse culture shock upon returning to the States, a long drive out west, and the beginning of a new career path. Or will I just spend all that time wishing I was back in Raro? Probably a little bit of both.

No comments: