Friday, June 22, 2007

Ah, California

I couldn't stay in Reno a minute longer than I had to, so I left at 6:30 am. I have never been so glad to see California. Especially when this is the form it came in:







Even though I hadn't had a proper breakfast, I somehow managed to refrain from eating anyone at this rest stop.



They say mountain air is refreshing, but it's especially wonderful when it's partnered with a departure from the worst city on Earth, a (relatively) short drive, and an awesome three year old cousin waiting for you at the end of your journey. It was a fun cross country trip, but it was more fun to actually arrive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, my grandparents lived in a little town in the Sierra Nevada mountains called Graeagle. It was basically a golf retirement community that was built in the feather river valley. It was, and still is, one of my favorite parts of the world.