Saturday, March 29, 2008

SURprise!

Somehow I got lucky enough to have my school's spring break coincide with Stanford's spring break, so I actually had five full days without any formal obligations. Something had to be done to commemorate this momentous occasion.

Even luckier, my friend Sarah invited me along on a camping trip to Big Sur, a place I've been meaning to visit since I got to California. The entire trip was exactly what I needed. Four days surrounded by breathtaking scenery, fresh mountain air, giant redwoods, and amazing people. Perhaps more importantly, it was four days completely cut off from email, phone, Stanford, and high school students--all things I love, but that I definitely needed a break from.

The next few posts highlight just how much we packed into four days.

No comments: