Saturday, March 29, 2008

McWay Falls

After some more sketchy details about when the beautiful waterfall would be open, the final conclusion was that the only way to find out would be to just go down there. So on Wednesday afternoon we drove down to Julia Pefiffer State Beach again and fate was more on our side this time (although it seems fate was on our side before, given that it sent us on the amazing Ewoldsen Trail).

The best word I can think of to describe McWay Falls is "magical." I'll let the pictures say the rest.























The view in the other direction wasn't too bad either.





I wasn't sure I'd gotten enough pictures, so I took some video too.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Where IS Pfeiffer? I'm sure I've been there, and my brain is frozen, apparently... Gorgeous photos!

Geetha said...

There are whole bunch of Pfeiffer's in the Big Sur Area. Here's a map, which can probably describe it better than I can:
http://www.bigsurcalifornia.org/map.html

Anonymous said...

Good golly, Geetha, You manage to find the most beautiful parts of everywhere you go. It is not NZ but you are right that it comes close. Beautiful. Thanks for the photos.

weatherbeatenhollowsofsnow said...

Wow, you sure are getting to some beautiful places. Seems like you're making the most of your time. :)